Supply Chain Manager - Non-Food
Our client is one of the UK's largest suppliers of Soft Furnishings; including Bedding, Cushions, Curtains, Blinds and Throws. A warm and friendly head office and main warehouse facility is based in the Leeds area, just a few miles outside of the city centre. There is free on-site parking and are easily accessible by various main bus routes.
As a Senior Supply Chain Manager - Non-Food, based in Leeds you're responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products related to home. You create and maintains forecast models for your customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information. Responsible for recognising trends or patterns and adjusting forecasts using statistical modelling techniques and qualitative data.
You are responsible for
- Setting up and planning for new ranges coming into the business, bought by the buying team.
- Keeping a close eye on stock balances and making sure they are in line with demand.
- Working alongside and responsible for the merchandising assistant.
- Keeping a critical path, making sure incoming shipments run smoothly and on time.
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software.
- Liaising between factories, internal departments and customers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with supply base (including occasional overseas travel).
- Passing invoices and working closely with the finance department.
- Making sure the quality of the product is in-line with company standards and suitable onward shipment to customers.
- Understands the dynamics of assigned categories and items, including: seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans.
- Reviews sales with Sales Director and agree on forecast numbers.
- Discuss key in-stock and inventory issues.
To succeed in this role as Supply Chain Manager - Non-Food you should have the following skills and experience
- Previous experience in a forecasting role ideally from a supplier or retail business
- Have strong commercial awareness.
- Be extremely organised and able to influence and resolve SLA challenges in the right way.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of stock systems along with MS Excel and similar PC programs.
- Degree and at least 3 years of experience in supply chain planning
- Proven experience with operational aspects of business such as delivery lead time, MOQ, Safety stocks etc.
- Able to build strong working relationships with colleague of varying levels of seniority
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Able to work proficiently in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
- Able to work independently while prioritising work load in the most efficient way as well as being able to work as part of a team