Supply Chain Assistant - Milton Keynes - £22k
Are you a procurement/purchasing/stock assistant looking for a new challenge with an innovative and engaging retail business?
Our client is growing their high performing home and furniture department and is now looking for talented people who are collaborative and innovative to join their team. With continued growth planned for the new financial year an opportunity has arisen for an Supply Chain Assistant to join the business to work within their head office.
What does this role as Supply Chain Assistant involve?
- Stock management through the business in line with internal and external partner requirements. Liaison with internal buying/procurement teams and external providers as required.
- Working in collaboration with stakeholders including department teams, retail & warehouse teams, retail managers and the Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Analysis and review of retail sales and stock trends and adjustment of desirable stock levels across warehouses in the business.
- Reviewing excess and slow moving stock and adjusting purchasing accordingly.
- Raising Purchase Orders and submission of same to distribution and other vendor partners or otherwise as required.
- Analysing previous data to plan for peak periods.
- Complying with company and legislative Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare requirements
What do I need to be successful in this role as Supply Chain Assistant?
- Experience in procurement/purchasing/stock administration.
- Experience within the electrical/technology sector would be an advantage.
- Experience in a high volume, faced paced warehouse environment with logistics, a distinct advantage.
- Ability to prioritise and proactively manage workload and solve problems.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, good communication skills, personal responsibility and resilience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including IT proficiency (Microsoft Excel and SAP)
So if you are a motivated and confident procurement/purchasing/stock assistant looking for a new challenge within a growing retail business apply now!