Supply Chain Assistant - Cumbria - up to £20k - fantastic progression
This a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to progress their career within retail merchandising. Our client is a market leading retailer with growth ambitions and a passion for providing high quality products and service to their customers. This is a great opportunity for a supply chain assistant who is passionate about providing an enticing product range for customers whilst maintaining commercial ambitions.
So what does this Supply Chain role involve?
- Ensure that sales and profit are maximised on product ranges and markdowns are kept to a minimum, through having the right stock in the right place, at the right time
- Effectively manage the stocks of the department skus, moving stock deliveries forward or back where necessary
- Contribute to the trading of the department, providing performance information as required and reacting accordingly with stock actions
- Keep the stock valuation of products as low as possible without compromising sales
- Assist the team with decisions on ranging, promotions and discontinuations, aided by knowledge of the stock situation
- Work closely with Merchandisers/Senior Merchandisers to manage supplier relationships to support effective end to end stock management.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Be an effective communicator, with an ability to deal diplomatically at all levels, both internally and externally
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Capable of working unsupervised and able to use own initiative
- Have strong numerical skills, ability to work accurately with data
- Experience of working with Outlook and Microsoft Excel
If you are looking to move into retail merchandising, please get in touch today!