**Product Developer - Clothing, West Sussex, £45,000**
Working with the Design Manager and Assistant Product Manager, the Retail Product Developer - Clothing will manage the development of clothing product designs from concept through to delivery. Working with buyers and designers, the product developer will use clothing industry experience and technical understanding to source, sample, communicate and sign off products to meet timelines and category targets for sales and margin.
* Responsible for realisation of designs and ranges to deadlines and commercial plans, working with the Clothing Designer on all fabrics and component selections.
* Management and upkeep of tracking and development records in a transparent and reportable format for development review needs as required.
* Create or manage standardised fit across ranges, unifying factory interpretations, resolve or re-work legacy fit issues and establishing an ideal fit including communication and presentation of this aspect of clothing design.
* Sourcing experience or ability to evaluate factory suitability and manage factory risks.
* Assisting the Buyers in developing and progressing the product CP, ensuring key markers are hit at each stage.
* Ensuring all development markers are met and ex-works dates are met by factories.
* Costing and range planning in line with Buyers and Designer / design brief needs.
Cross-functional support / other aspects
* Being the product specialist for internal technical knowledge and training.
* Creation of, or overseeing with Design Assistant, the Training and Marketing content that supports product knowledge and brand development. Working with our Training and Marketing departments to put the best
* Experience in technical or clothing development is essential.
* Experience of managing and inputting into timelines and managing projects to strict deadlines.
* Experience working with Excel for Critical Pathways, range planning and management of costs, BOMs etc.
* Experience of people management and training to develop the skills and ability Assistant Technical Manager