Merchandise Planner - Milton Keynes - Up to £28k
Are you an experienced Merchandise Planner/Assistant Merchandiser looking for a new challenge with an innovative and engaging retail business?
Our client is growing luxury technology company and is now looking for talented people who are collaborative and innovative to join their team. With continued growth planned for the new financial year an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join the business to work within their head office.
What does this role as Merchandise Planner involve?
- Set product up in stock system, with necessary forecasts as agreed between stock / category
- Raise purchase orders & liaise with brands for availability and timelines
- Forecast WSSI and react appropriately to any sales spikes or declines
- Work closely with the commercial management team to deliver commercial ranges achieve margin targets
- Plan product ranges and prepare sales and stock plans in conjunction with category managers
- Work with category team & marketing to understand promotional schedule to ensure we have the best possible supply for delivery of the promotion
- Liaise with suppliers for booking slots, ensuring we have a strong delivery plan
- Feed into weekly trading deck with stock availability & support context of sales numbers
- Formulate range strategy through relevant analysis
What do I need to be successful in this role as Merchandise Planner?
- 1-2 years merchandising experience with a well-known UK retailer
- Experience or keen interest in technology products (desirable)
- Experienced in forecasting and managing WISSI
- Highly numerate and analytical with attention to detail and great Excel skills (V-Lookups and Pivot Tables)
- Experience in monitoring of KPI factors of Stock Availability, Fulfilment, Stock Turn and Inventory Value.
- Positive attitude & open mind set
- Confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders across the business
- Natural problem solver with an efficient and methodical approach to work.
So if you are a motivated and confident Merchandise Planner/Assistant Merchandiser looking for a new challenge with a leading retail business apply now!