Junior Category Manager
near Reading, Berkshire
£35,000 - £40,000
Do you have the commercial eye of a Buyer but the analytical mind of a Merchandiser? Do you love a spreadsheet and analysing data but want to the autonomy to be responsible for the category? Do you want to be a Buyer and a Merchandiser and not pick one but have a role that allows you to be both?
Not all the best opportunities are in London! This is a global business based near Reading that is a retailer with a difference. New offices with lots of open plan spaces and beautiful interior that given the European reach and global influence from Head Office. They are looking for a Junior Category Merchandiser / Manager, a Buyer and a Merchandiser in one.
Do you long for autonomy?
Good - you have it hear. You report directly into the Head of Buying and Merchandising who is looking for independent thinkers and come up with commercial solutions. Are you? Can you analyse data and spot trends and make commercial decisions? Can you articulate these and action them?
Do you want to get your teeth into a role in an industry that is growing and has be proven to be recession proof? Would you like some comfort that you can join a business and be promoted and developed?
What will you be doing?
* Managing assortment, range planning and selection
* Undertaking regular review of given categories to optimise ranges in order to grow sales and margin
* Review of promotional activity and implement learnings to improve promotional and margin performance
* Identify own brand areas for development (sku's and product ranges)
* Managing the product range/new product ranges in line with the critical paths across all teams in the business
* Collaborate with the Space and Visual Merchandisers to ensure that visual merchandising principles and guidelines are issued to stores
* Responsible for budget and turnover of allocated categories, supporting team members with budget planning where appropriate
What do I need to be successful in this role?
* Experience with a well-known retailer in a buying/category management/ merchandising position
* Proven track record in building successful ranges and strategies
* Able to build effective relationships across all levels within an organisation, communicating with clarity and credibility
* Highly analytical
Get in touch! I have recruited for this client for 6 years and can tell you how the client has progressed and developed countless amazing people to go on to bigger and better roles! If you don't have a CV but want to know more email me at [email protected]
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: