**Junior Buyer - Crawley - £35,000**
Are you a confident decision maker with the ability to make important commercial decisions under pressure?
Our client is a growing brand based in Crawley. They are looking for a Junior Buyer to join their expanding team, where there are excellent progression opportunities!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for this Junior Buyer role:
* To present new range opportunities to the senior Buying team,
* To be responsible for line level product selection and produce a range plan in pre agreed format for product areas of responsibility,
* To liaise with the Merchandiser making them aware of any external factors that may require forecasts to change,
* To propose promotional activities working closely with Marketing and ensuring thorough communication to all functions concerned,
* Monitor performance of range against plans,
* Identify key promotional and value added ranges specifically supporting seasonal trade,
* Identify markdown risks and create proposals with Merchandiser ,
* Attend relevant Trade fairs,
* To agree & deliver forecasted sales and profit,
* To negotiate and manage supplier terms specifically price, quality, availability, rebates and marketing support,
* Develop effective communication with sales managers and close relationships with the trading teams.
What qualities will you need for this Junior Buyer role?
* Previous experience in retail Buying environment (Assistant Buyer level or above)
* Proven adaptability to new product areas
* Experience at range management & presentation
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook/MS Word and Excel)
* Preferably Degree educated,
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
If you are an ambitious Buying professional looking for an exciting new role, please apply today!
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: