**Junior Buyer - Crawley - £35,000**
Are you a confident decision maker with the ability to make important commercial decisions under pressure?
Our client is a growing brand based in Crawley. They are looking for a Junior Buyer to join their expanding team, where there are excellent progression opportunities!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for this Junior Buyer role:
* To present new range opportunities to the senior Buying team,
* To be responsible for line level product selection and produce a range plan in pre agreed format for product areas of responsibility,
* To liaise with the Merchandiser making them aware of any external factors that may require forecasts to change,
* To propose promotional activities working closely with Marketing and ensuring thorough communication to all functions concerned,
* Monitor performance of range against plans,
* Identify key promotional and value added ranges specifically supporting seasonal trade,
* Identify markdown risks and create proposals with Merchandiser ,
* Attend relevant Trade fairs,
* To agree & deliver forecasted sales and profit,
* To negotiate and manage supplier terms specifically price, quality, availability, rebates and marketing support,
* Develop effective communication with sales managers and close relationships with the trading teams.
What qualities will you need for this Junior Buyer role?
* Previous experience in retail Buying environment (Assistant Buyer level or above)
* Proven adaptability to new product areas
* Experience at range management & presentation
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook/MS Word and Excel)
* Preferably Degree educated,
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
If you are an ambitious Buying professional looking for an exciting new role, please apply today!