Buyer, Cosmetics - Maidenhead - up to £40k
Our client is a leading home retail business with a fantastic product range based near Maidenhead. They are now seeking a Buyer with hair styling or make up artist experience to join their team and grow their cosmetics offer! This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fabulous brand with a great team which has an entrepreneurial culture and passion for its customers!
What does this Buyer role involve?
Based near Maidenhead, this Buyer will be responsible for growing the category, ensuring you maintain the inspirational product range that meets customer's needs, builds brand value, drives sales and profit growth and improves market share across all channels.
- Taking full responsibility for developing existing and new products within the beauty and cosmetic industry
- Working on specific product development requests and defining benchmarks
- Liaising directly with suppliers globally to develop products from concept through to end delivery
- Adhering to requirements surrounding brand values, quality and costings
- Being at the forefront of trends/innovations/materials/sustainability within the industry
- Maintaining purchasing data management and filing
What qualities will you need to be successful in this Buyer role?
- Be in a buying or product development role within a recognised retail business
- You will need to have studied or experience in hair dressing or as a make up artist
- A keen eye for product innovations, excellent attention to detail and a natural talent for spotting opportunities and current market trends
- Ability to plan and organise workload effectively and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Negotiate and build lasting relationships based on your strategy and vision for your category.
- Fluent in English, excellent written and oral communication skills with knowledge of MS Office and Photoshop.
If you are a buyer with hair or make-up experience looking for a new challenge with a growing retail business then please get in touch today!