Health & Safety Manager - Retail & DC
Regional - UK & Ireland (DC in Blackburn, 270 Stores)
£47,000 plus car and package
- Do you want complete control of Health and Safety for a retail business?
- Are you collaborative in style?
- Reporting into the European HR Director - you can really make an impact!
To be responsible for providing tactical leadership for health and safety across all areas of the retail business (stores, DC, customer service centre and Head Office) in the UK and Ireland.
Developing and implementing best practice and effective policy, ensuring the company complies with all current health and safety legislation including Acts, Regulations, ACoPs and official guidance and standards.
Working with all key business stakeholders, within their areas of responsibility, to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety. Providing insightful analysis, reporting and successful partnering to engage managers/leaders on the effects of good health and safety practices. Support management in building upon a health and safety culture within the organisation through innovative approach and appropriate training programs.
Measures of success
- Communication of health and safety throughout the organisation
- Presentations to managers/leaders on new initiatives, pending and impacting new laws and regulations, insightful analysis
- Monitor the progress of in store risk assessments and regular communication with Business Protection
- Continued learning and monitoring of new health and safety laws
- Provide concise reports as requested and deemed appropriate to various levels within the business
- Create business cases that support the enhancement of operational effectiveness
- Improved health and safety performance recognised through the reduction of accidents and minimised claims
- Establishing yourself as the point of contact during a Local Authority visit
- Develop and deliver appropriate training programs to support health and safety practice and how to manage new legislation
- Identify procedures that are out of date or missing and create/write in appropriate business language to establish full understanding
- Work through areas of improved health and safety opportunities by partnering functional leads and creating SMART action plans
- Frequent risk assessments completed in line with level of risks and actions that need remedy
- Factual analysis of common themes resulting from risk assessments
- Business travel expected with expectation to be away for up to 7 nights on occasion
- Use method statements to ensure that contractors we engage with carry out their duties under safe conditions
- Provide the facts resulting from any investigations in order to preventatively support in claims made against the company
- CMIOSH, NEBOSH General Diploma or equivalent
- Regional retail and / or distribution health and safety experience influencing stakeholders
If you are a qualified Health and Safety Manager and want to look after a retail business, influencing stakeholders and are keen to make your mark we want to hear from you! Please apply or email me if you don't have a CV at [email protected]