Head Brewer - Up to £55k
Bedford - Growing, forward-thinking business!
My client are now on the hunt for a creative and entreprenuial Lead Brewer, to lead and manage the team to develope new recipes and produce amazing beers of superb quality at the right time and to budget.
* Overall responsibility for all day to day production through management of all brewery production operations - brewing through to packaged beer (bottle, can, cask and keg).
* Overall responsibility for quality management and quality systems in the whole company from raw materials intake through to trade.
* Motivate the entire brewery team to continually improve safety, quality and efficiency.
* Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are maintained at all times.
* Coordinate weekly planning between all areas to ensure production volumes are achieved with suitable stockholdings against the sales forecast.
* Control finances in production through managing supplier contracts, setting budgets and regular financial reviews.
* Manage the Engineering and Packaging Manager to ensure plant maintenance is being correctly managed and oversee plant breakdowns until rectification.
* Act as lead decision maker on major capital investments and manage the implementation.
* Foster a balanced approach in the team - production executed efficiently whilst maintaining creativity.
* Manage the development of new products.
* Manage roast coffee bean production.
* Manage team and personal development including implementation and maintenance of PDR.
What we are looking for:
Naturally, a passion for the Brewing industry and a love for Beer!
Relevant degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science
Minimum 3 years brewing experience with at least 2 years in a leadership role
Hands-on practical approach. Engineering and mechanical skills will be useful to maintain, fix and install equipment
A flexible approach! You will be required to work shifts and working hours will change subject to schedules and production issues
A drive for continuous improvement and ability to drive change
Proven project management skills with a methodical and detailed mind
An entrepreneurial mind that can create new and exciting recipes to produce award winning beers!
A confident communication style, as you will be liaising with various stakeholders daily
In return we will offer you:
* c £50k but negotiable salary bonus
* 25 days annual leave bank holidays
* Private medical health care
* Group personal pension plan
* Life assurance
* 25% off dining
* Retail discounts
If you want to be part of an exciting future and if you share our ambition, we'd like you to help shape the next 140 years of this Great British success story. Not only do we have a passion for our brands, but also for our people.