Data Protection Officer, Cambridge
Our Client is an outsourcing and consultancy organisation in the education sector that is currently experiencing year on year growth, and looking to add a Data Protection Officer to the team.
In this newly created role, reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for supporting and implementing organisational policies and processes, working closely with the board and wider business to ensure the organisation complies with data protection law and good information management practice. You will also lead work streams at a senior level in order to meet business objectives, and review process flows on procedures, implementing plans to minimise business risk. This is a key role in ensuring the business meets its objectives.
- Lead the implementation of the group data protection and information governance framework
- Work with the business in setting and achieving data retention timeframes
- Ensure that appropriate due diligence is carried out prior to onboarding new suppliers
- Keep up to date records of processing activity, data maps and ensure they are a primary reference point for all projects and data processing
- Be the onsite SME for data protection laws and their practical application
- Influencing stakeholders to lead change
- A sound understanding of Data Protection and Compliance Legislation
- Experience in the creation and application of Data governance policies and processes as well as the ability to bring these to life
- Practical and working knowledge of information governance with key areas being data protection, records management and information security
- Ability to contribute proactively to a strong team working culture that is privacy, security and customer focused
- Experienced in undertaking complex analysis and problem solving and communicate the results clearly
- Experience of dealing with data breaches and incidents
- Ideally an understanding of ISO27001