Category Manager / Branded Buyer - DIY
Twickenham, South West London
£40,000 plus benefits
*supplier negotiation, range management, analytical*
Are you in retail but want - a change, job security or to be in a growth area? Great get in touch if you have branded buying experience and are analytical buyer with a solid understand of range architecture!
To manage and co-ordinate all activities related to the procurement of goods or services for the operating company. You will have extensive experience with managing large accounts with blue chip suppliers, and spend of circa £50 million. As an experienced and seasoned Category Manager you will be able to demonstrate full ownership of your portfolio of clients, along with product knowledge, data analysis, and contract management. You will be well versed with large accounts complimented by extensive product ranges and associated spend.
Negotiation & Contract Management
* Negotiation of all pricing, rebates, marketing agreements, catalogue contributions and early payment discounts.
* Sourcing, selection, bench-marking and due diligence of products and suppliers
* Manage new product introduction process
* Managing the performance of suppliers
* Consolidation of range and suppliers
* Analysis and return of excess/obsolete stock
Analysis and administration
* Maintain key supplier information including contract details, pricing, product specifications, unit of measure and lead times.
* Researching market trends and identifying new products and suppliers Ensuring that all allocated pricing and invoice queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
* Where applicable ensure that all allocated enquiries and tenders are returned in a timely fashion in order to put the company in the best position to secure the business.
* Ensure all necessary reports are produced for all meetings and all communication is carried out effectively and in a timely manner.