Buyer, Womenswear - Hampshire - £40,000 - £60,000
Do you have womenswear fashion buying experience and want a change? Do you want to work in a slightly different environment? Are you ready for something different?
Following recent significant expansion, our client is looking for a driven Womenswear buyer/category manager to join their Fashion Team. The role is numbers driven, analytical and requires a huge amount of creative flair and design capability. The successful candidate will join the company at a pivotal point of rapid expansion and will be looking for the next step in their career.
- Work with the buying team to deliver the brand strategy, providing energy to drive the business forward and have innovative ideas for the category.
- Work effectively to manage the department as an independent profit centre focusing activity on meeting customer needs and achieving bottom line results whilst planning and developing for the future to drive the category forward.
- Manage the category to achieve optimum performance and profit growth. Competent in data analysis to identify opportunities from weekly reports, analyse trading patterns and take appropriate action.
- Obtain maximum flexibility and reliability from suppliers.
- Prevent quality problems by considering and solving issues early on.
- Manage a robust critical path.
Desired skills and experience
- Womenswear buying experience is essential for this role
- Proactive in seeking out new opportunities and reacting quickly to trends.
- In-depth knowledge of the market/competition and an ability to gather and use relevant internal and external information to make commercial decisions.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong people management skills.
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast paced environment.
If you are an experienced womenswear buyer looking for a new challenge, then please apply today!