Buyer - Stationery, Diaries, Arts and Crafts
Do you love premium British heritage trends? Do you want to work for a specialist British retailer? Does working for a company with a friendly, hands on team appeal to you?
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who has been buying stationery who wants to work for a premium British heritage retailer based in central London.They are looking to grow the Stationery category with someone who is enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop the buying skills they already have in stationery.
You will be delivering a distinct product offer in stationery and arts and crafts that will maximise sales and margin while improving stock holding.
Working alongside your Senior Buyer and the Central team to facilitate an enhanced understanding around stationery to create diverse, interesting and engaging ranges.
If you love all things stationery this is a dream role!
What is the client looking for?
- Specialist in Stationery Buying with a strong knowledge of the market, brands and trends
- Experience of managing a sku count of 1000 skus across a large supplier base
- Experience within a multiple retailer with 20 stores
- Merchandising (stock) experience or able to demonstrate the analytical skills required as well as those of Buying
- Own brand product development including Far East production and sourcing experience
- To source new brands and product in line with through knowledge and expertise of the product and market.
- To negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support, marketing contribution and sell through agreements.
- To ensure that Buying decisions are based on a sound commercial framework to drive sales and profit.
- To be the first to market with new and exclusive brands & Products and devise the launch strategy with the retail, events, marketing, social and digital teams.
- To be responsible for range planning, working closely with the Senior Buyer.
- To work closely with the Senior Buyer to plan & order the buys and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Senior Buyer where necessary.
- To manage existing brands through analysis of performance, taking action when necessary and making decision to keep or discontinue within the business.
- To ensure effective communication with retail teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training.
- To work closely with retail to ensure product placement optimises the look and performance of the department.
- To work closely with Marketing, PR and Events to maximise promotional opportunities during negotiations with suppliers.
- To be responsible for the ordering process, ensuring compliance with all relevant processes.
What do you need to have?
- A well-developed understanding of stationery products and markets on the high street in the mid-premium end.
Interested? Who wouldn't be! Get in touch by sending your CV or dropping me an email at [email protected] if you don't have one. Everyone will receive a response.