Buyer & Merchandiser (12 month FTC), non fashion - London - up to £36k
This a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to progress their career within retail buying and merchandising. Our clients is a market leading retailer with growth ambitions and a passion for providing high quality products and service to their customers. This is a great opportunity for a Buyer/Merchandiser who is passionate about providing an enticing product range for customers whilst maintaining commercial ambitions.
So what does this Buyer & Merchandiser role involve?
- Working closely with the buyer you will be managing products through set up, compliance and into the business.
- Maintaining accurate range information enabling the team to make effective commercial decisions.
- Be involved with the set-up of new suppliers, ensuring all paperwork is filled in and returned in a timely manner
- Responsibility for sample management from initial sample through to approval for shipment.
- Maintaining and building relationships with suppliers and colleagues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Be an effective communicator, with an ability to deal diplomatically at all levels, both internally and externally
- Have excellent forecasting, planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to demonstrate a creative innovative approach to problem solving
- Capable of working unsupervised and able to use own initiative
- Can multi task and is happy to be challenged by a fast pace role with a high interruption level
- Have strong numerical skills, ability to work accurately with data
- Experience of working with Outlook and Microsoft Excel
If you are an experienced non fashion buyer/merchandiser who is open to FTC roles, please get in touch today!