Buyer Accessories- Manchester - Up to £42k
This is a great opportunity for an established Buyer to join a market leading retailer with customers at the heart of their business. This is a key appointment for Buyers with a focus on driving increased category growth through effective management and development of exciting product ranges.
What does the Accessories Buyer role involve?
- You will be the subject matter expert and advocate for your category and market, with responsibility and ownership for all associated risks and opportunities.
- You will be responsible for ensuring targets/KPIs are met through effective management and provision of attractive ranges, promotional activity, day to day trading activities and continuous product development.
- You will provide insight and guidance to business with reporting where required through representation of your category at weekly trading meetings and other broader business project forums.
- You will be responsible for the regular development of plans and initiatives for your area - including annual commercial plans and initiatives, weekly and period promotions, and other ad-hoc activities.
- You will develop and maintain strong relationships with all counterparts and suppliers in both UK and Far East, ensuring the highest levels of support and service, with the best commercial terms possible. You will be the First point of contact with regard to queries and issues related to your product categories.
- Develop close working relationships with their counter parts and internal functions, particular Merchandising, Marketing, E-Commerce, Retail Operations and Finance to encourage effective operations in a high performing environment.
- Management and development of any direct reports (if applicable). Creation of a high performing team with a fulfilling and stable working environment through the use of effective processes and leadership skills.
Essential Skills and experience required for this Accessories Buyer role:
- Strong Accessories Buying experience within a online/high street retailer.
- High commercial awareness - ability to develop opportunities and trends into viable, balanced business plans.
- Acute negotiating skills, preferably with some form of formal negotiation training.
- Highly numerate with acute literacy skills: Ability to assimilate and interpret complex amounts of data both quickly and accurately to produce clear, concise, useful and actionable outputs in both written and verbal form.
- Strong problem solver, using a well-defined sense of logical and common sense thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills (verbal and written) - ability to influence effectively across all levels of the business, particularly senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple objectives and associated tasks to deliver plans and actions on time and to the right standard.
If you are an experienced Accessories Buyer and looking for your next challenge, please get in touch today!