**Assistant Merchandiser - 6 Month FTC - South West London - £28,000**
With over 100 stores nationwide, our client is a market leader in their industry. With customers at the heart of their business, this is an exciting time to be part of a hugely successful retailer.
Based in South West London, our client is looking for an experienced, forward thinking Merchandiser who can demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability in order to deliver KPIs. A self-starter who can make decisions and be proactive in driving process change. You will be expected to manage a combination of fast & slow moving products across a number of product categories.
So what will this Assistant Merchandiser - 6 Month FTC role involve?
- You will be responsible for managing on shelf availability, stock turn and stock holding levels across your product areas.
- Continuously monitor and manage levels of stock within stores, through accurate data analysis, identifying seasonal, lifecycle and promotional trends and ensuring replenishment parameters are adjusted to reflect these.
- Accurate item level forecasting, managing a WSSI/OTB at category level
- Establish strong standing relationships with suppliers to improve your product availability and ensure any potential issues are resolved quickly.
- Pro-actively monitor and analyse supplier performance against OTIF and identify risks and opportunities through weekly and quarterly strategic reviews with your suppliers.
- As a team player you will work cross functionally with Buying, Ecommerce, Operations, Finance and Suppliers to ensure effective planning and implementation of supply chain activities.
- Working alongside buyers to deliver range changes on time including forecasting new line and promotional volumes along with exit strategies.
- Manage allocations and raise purchase orders for range change and promotional activity in line with critical paths.
- Communicate and resolve current issues whilst factoring in future impact and working with the buyer to implement commercial solutions.
What experience will you need for this Assistant Merchandiser - 6 Month FTC role?
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail but with the ability to take a top line approach where appropriate
- Advanced Excel skills and a previous use of Demand Planning and Replenishment systems.
- Good understanding of fast retail operations and how that applies to Logistics and warehousing practices.
- High level of energy with a positive attitude, who can remain calm under pressure when dealing with challenges.
- A problem solver, with the ability to take own initiative and make decisions that will have a positive impact on the business.
- Ability to prioritise in a demanding environment allowing flexibility when required.
If you are a driven and enthusiastic Assistant Merchandiser or Senior Allocator/MAA and immediately available for contract positions, please apply today!