Assistant Buyer - Milton Keynes - Up to £28k
Are you an experienced Assistant Buyer/Assistant Category Manager looking for a new challenge with an innovative and engaging retail business?
Our client is growing luxury technology company and is now looking for talented people who are collaborative and innovative to join their team. With continued growth planned for the new financial year an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join the business to work within their head office.
What does this role as Assistant Buyer involve?
- Set up of all new products
- Work with the Senior Category Manager on peg fill & initial intake forecasts and feed into stock planner
- Ensure all planograms are kept up to date with any product switch outs or range changes
- Communication and implementation of planograms to store
- Provide support to Senior Category Manager to update promotional plans
- Liaise with Marketing on promotions and ascertain with stock planner that stock levels can support these plans
- Build strong supplier relationships as their key day to day supplier related issues contact
- Analyse as necessary market share and or competitor info
- Provide category & brand analysis to an agreed schedule
- Review all forecasts regularly with supply chain teams to ensure forecasts represent actual requirements
What do I need to be successful in this role as Assistant Buyer?
- 1-2 years buying/category management experience with a well-known UK retailer
- Experience or keen interest in technology products (desirable)
- Experienced in creating, communicating and implementing planograms
- Highly numerate and analytical with attention to detail and great Excel skills
- Positive attitude & open mind set
- Confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders across the business
- Eager to learn and develop
So if you are a motivated and confident Assistant Buyer/Assistant Category Manager looking for a new challenge with a leading retail business apply now!