Assistant Buyer (Stationery, Card, Wrap and Diaries)
Work alongside and support your Buyer to facilitate an enhanced understanding around Greeting Cards, Gift Wrap, Calendars & Diaries.
To assist the Buyer in building a diverse, interesting and distinct product offer that is in line with the strategy that will maximise sales and margin while improving stock holding.
- Range planning product categories, working closely with the Buyer to build a commercial product offer.
- Maintaining the critical path and range plan documents accurately.
- Comp shops and research to help source new brands and products in line with the RP strategy.
- Working closely with the Buyer to plan & place orders ensuring all stock arrives into the business and launches as planned.
- Managing existing brands and range through analysis of performance, suggesting actions to the Buyer when necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers on a daily basis, attending key meetings alongside the Buyer.
- Effective communication with retail teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training.
- Working closely with retail to build planograms and comms that ensure product placement optimises the look and performance of product in stores.