Assistant Buyer - Children's Toy and Gift
British heritage retailer based in central London, looking to grow the toy and children's gift category.
To deliver a distinct product offer in toys and gift that will maximise sales and margin while improving stock holding.
Work alongside your Senior Buyer and the Central team to facilitate an enhanced understanding around gift to create diverse, interesting and engaging ranges.
- To source new brands and product in line with through knowledge and expertise of the product and market
- To negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support, marketing contribution and sell through agreements.
- To ensure that Buying decisions are based on a sound commercial framework to drive sales and profit
- To be the first to market with new and exclusive brands & Products and devise the launch strategy with the retail, events, marketing, social and digital teams.
- To be responsible for range planning, working closely with the Senior Buyer.
- To work closely with the Senior Buyer to plan & order the buys and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Senior Buyer where necessary.
- To manage existing brands through analysis of performance, taking action when necessary and making decision to keep or discontinue within the business
- To ensure effective communication with retail teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training
- To work closely with retail to ensure product placement optimises the look and performance of the department
- To work closely with Marketing, PR and Events to maximise promotional opportunities during negotiations with suppliers
- To be responsible for the ordering process, ensuring compliance with all relevant processes
What do you need to have?
- A well-developed understanding of Children's products and markets on the high street in the mid-premium end.
Interested? Who wouldn't be! Get in touch by sending your CV or dropping me an email at [email protected] if you don't have one. Everyone will receive a response.