Merchandiser - Dorset - Up to £35k - Fast Growing Business
Merchandiser - Dorset - Up to £35k - Fast Growing Business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain or Merchandising professional with an analytical mindset to join a fast growing business with excellent career progression. This role would involve working closely with the Buying team to plan and prepare product ranges, sales and stock, providing opportunity to contribute and be a key part of the growth and success of the business.
What does the Merchandiser role involve?
- Using sales budget, launches and promotional timescales, you will be responsible for forecasting physical stock requirements, whilst maintaining the budgeted open to buy position. Including management of working capital and category stock turn in line with the open to buy budget.
- You will work closely with the buying team to exit range reviews, promotional and season lines to drive improved stock turn, managing DC capacities and reducing stock overhang. You will be expected to constantly seek opportunities to identify and clear excess stocks to improve TC and DC capacities.
- Ensuring promotional stock is cleared effectively through promotional life cycle management on an open to buy basis, before enabling the buying team to make new purchase commitments.
- Full product life cycle management including; proactively working with commercial teams to ensure most profitable exit routes to strict deadlines.
- Analysis of historic launch and promotion experience to agree sales forecasts with the commercial team, making valued judgements and recommendations on future activity where necessary.
- Continuous monitoring and management on forecasts to ensure accuracy vs expectations including formulation of effective inbound stock phasing, communicating & managing these plans with vendors and within capacity constraints.
- Daily sales analysis to ensure over performing ranges and SKUs to reduce ensure full potential and reduce stock risk on poor performers.
Essential Skills and experience required for this Merchandiser role:
- Prior experience of a merchandising or supply chain role within a retail environment, preferably including online.
- Strong internal/external stakeholder management.
- Evidenced data analysis experience - Ability to understand, interpret and provide recommendations on commercial information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Natural Problem Solver with the ability to identify and escalate issues, ensuring pro-active action taken to resolve.
- Excellent communication skills - written ,verbal and presentation. Ability to influence and drive decision making.
If you are an experienced Supply Chain / Merchandising professional and looking for your next challenge, please get in touch today!