Head of Category - South West - up to £80k Package - Unique and Dynamic Opportunity
Head of Category - South West - up to £80k Package - Unique and Dynamic Opportunity. This a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and commercially minded professional with senior level category management experience to join a business know for the quality of its product range and a fantastic working culture.
Within this Head of Category role you will:
- Lead, motivate and develop a high performing team whilst building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships (internal and external) to deliver the category plan.
- Development and monitoring of budgets following pro-active creation and setting of financial targets.
- Creation and communication of the Category plan - monitoring, reporting on and utilising board level key metrics to pro-actively drive and deliver strategic and operational activity.
- Maximisation of visibility of the product category through determining strategic positioning.
- Full responsibility and accountability for delivery of commercial category KPI's (Stock, Sales and Profit) whilst supporting internal partners to deliver upon their targets.
- Accountable for the formulation and delivery of a customer focused plan for your category in line with stakeholder expectations. Using collaborative approach and strong relationships with stakeholders to deliver plan.
What qualities will you need for this Head of Category role?
- A pro-active and engaging leader with experience developing a high performing team ensuring appropriate succession plans in place.
- Experience working on long term strategic planning and trading at a tactical level.
- A result driven professional with experience in a Category Management and/or Commercial Role, preferably in a Retail Environment.
- Proven experience in managing and developing relationships at every level of the business with particular focus on board level relationships.
- Solid knowledge of financial/budgeting processes & performance reporting.
- Ability to build outstanding interpersonal relationships with excellent communication skills.
If you have senior level Commercial and/or Category Management experience and looking for a unique position with a market leading business, please get in touch today!