Demand Planner - Portsmouth - Up to £35k
Our client is a market leading business with a wide portfolio of branded and own-brand products. They are now looking for a Demand Planner to help support the growth of their branded area which has seen huge success and is continuing to grow. The loyalty that is shown from their long standing employees is a testament to the great working culture and family feel of this SME business.
- Developing the initial forecast modelling based on historical data and causal factors.
- Understands the dynamics of assigned categories and items, including: seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans.
- Create demand plan at the SKU level, at customer and DC level (in pounds and units).
- Makes Finished Good demand plans for the assigned categories and working with supply planners track schedule receipts execution and distribution of inventory from manufacturing facilities to DCs. Accountable for Inventory $ and inventory days for related categories
- Reviews sales with sales managers and agree on forecast numbers.
- Meets daily/weekly with supply planners to discuss key in-stock and inventory issues.
- Identifies and resolves out of stock issues, focusing on minimising shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels.
- Works with account manager to review vendor scorecards to resolve chronic issues such as vendor compliance chargers, Fill Rate, forecast accuracy Etc. to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Works closely with Category Supply Planner to ensure proper stock levels and allocation for Promotional and Seasonal items, collaborate with suppliers on make plans, and factory capacity analysis.
- You will be highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- You possess Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sum, If)
- You are passionate about demand planning and have the ability to build effective relationships
- Previous experience in a forecasting role ideally from a FMCG or retail business
- Proven experience with operational aspects of business such as delivery lead time, MOQ, Safety stocks etc.
- Working knowledge of JDA planning system
- Able to work independently while prioritising work load in the most efficient way as well as being able to work as part of a team
If this is of interest, please get in touch! email@example.com