Buyer/Category Manager (Home) - Hampshire - £40,000 / £50,000
Are you highly commercial with a strong background in Buying/Category Management within retail?
Are you an analytical thinker, with a passion for product and customers?
Our client is an industry leading specialist retailer. A customer focused business with a large portfolio and a vast range of products, they are looking for a commercially experienced Buyer/Category Manager (Home) to join their team!
So what does this Buyer/Category Manager (Home) role involve?
* Range selection and implementation
* Visiting trade shows and showrooms
* Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers ensuring maximum profitability
* Putting together initial allocations to centres and liaising with the Support Team for implementation
* Identifying opportunities to develop Own Brand/exclusive ranges and executing in stores
* Liaising with the store development team re fixtures and ranges for them to implement in new centres and refits
* Centre visits alongside merchandising colleagues to support in driving space productivity and profitability
* Briefing the Home Analyst on ad hoc
What qualities will you need for this Buyer/Category Manager (Home) role?
* Previous buying experience in a retail environment
* Highly motivated, able to work autonomously and has a 'can do' attitude
* The ability to build good supplier relationships
* Excellent communication skills
* A team player
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel
* Confident in data analysis to identify opportunities
If you are an experienced Buyer/Category Manager and looking for your next challenge, please get in touch today!