Assistant Merchandiser, Health & Beauty - Southampton - Up to £35k
Our client is a market leading distributor of health and beauty accessories with a wide portfolio of branded and own-brand products, looking for a Assistant Merchandiser to join their team who is passionate to learn and develop a career in this area.
- Developing the initial forecast modelling based on historical data and causal factors.
- Understands the dynamics of assigned categories and items, including: seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans.
- Create demand plan at the SKU level, at customer and DC level (in pounds and units).
- Makes Finished Good demand plans for the assigned categories and working with supply planners track schedule receipts execution and distribution of inventory from manufacturing facilities to DCs. Accountable for Inventory $ and inventory days for related categories
- Reviews sales with sales managers and agree on forecast numbers.
- Meets daily/weekly with supply planners to discuss key in-stock and inventory issues.
- Identifies and resolves out of stock issues, focusing on minimising shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels.
- Works with account manager to review vendor scorecards to resolve chronic issues such as vendor compliance chargers, Fill Rate, forecast accuracy Etc. to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Works closely with Category Supply Planner to ensure proper stock levels and allocation for Promotional and Seasonal items, collaborate with suppliers on make plans, and factory capacity analysis.
- You will be highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- You possess Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sum, If)
- You are passionate about demand planning and have the ability to build effective relationships
- Previous experience in a forecasting role ideally from a FMCG or retail business
- Proven experience with operational aspects of business such as delivery lead time, MOQ, Safety stocks etc.
- Working knowledge of JDA planning system
- Able to work independently while prioritising work load in the most efficient way as well as being able to work as part of a team
If this is of interest, please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org