Do you have extensive 3D product design experience? Are you looking for a new role where you can put your creative, trend spotting and organisational skills to test?
This is a brilliant opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven 3D Product Designer (Homewares) to join a business which has a vast product range and a very exciting future!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is extremely passionate about the products they are working with within the Design and Creative world. It's a friendly working environment at this business, so it's a great time to join as a 3D Product Designer (Homewares).
What does this 3D Product Designer (Homewares) role involve?
- To work with the Buyers to consider product requirements, areas of growth, new trends and gaps in the range suitable for innovation
- To own a critical path for each NPD project, ensuring that product is developed to launch in a timely fashion rather than risk missing a trend
- To manage commercial expectations from the start of the process to ensure that each product can be brought to market at a realistic selling price and strong margin net of product development costs including tooling
- To work closely with the wider team to ensure that everyone understands all work in progress developments and their associated critical path
- To assist with the resolution of issues on internally designed products experiencing high returns rates / quality issues, alongside the team
- To manage a variety of sources of ideas for new products, liaising with inventors and customers, organising internal brainstorms and liaising with external design sources
- To manage the commercial positioning of any new items, fully costing developments from design through to tooling and production, being mindful of the agreed appropriate selling price point and ensuring that we hit target margin
- To work closely with factories to ensure that the NPD critical path is closely managed, dealing with any issues around development and tooling to manage costs whilst striving for the perfect, high quality product
- To manage the sample process, from 3D models to further prototypes through to final samples, ensuring that feedback is prompt and accurate in order to avoid unnecessary launch delays
- To lead a Design Assistant as a direct report, inspiring them to share, communicate, support and work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver results
If you are an experienced 3D Product Designer (Homewares) based near Cumbria and looking for your next challenge, please apply today!